SGC Security Services has been approved by the Chief constable of Kent Police as a Community Safety Accreditation Scheme (CSAS) provider.
CSAS is a voluntary scheme under which chief constables can choose to accredit employed people already working in roles that contribute to maintaining and improving community safety with limited but targeted powers. These roles include neighborhood wardens, hospital security guards, park wardens, shopping mall guards, and train guards.
The scheme creates a framework for public and private bodies to work in partnership with the police, providing an additional uniformed presence in communities and capitalising on the skills and information captured by those already engaged with the community.
All schemes are managed, monitored, and assessed at a local level by the responsible police force. Main benefits of the scheme include:
- increasing uniformed presence on the streets (CSAS accredited persons wear the uniform of their employing organisation, with an identification badge endorsed by the local police force, in this case, is Kent Police
- reductions in local issues such as street drinking, begging and dog fouling
- saving valuable police time in community safety to deal with low-level crime and disorder
- promoting greater business involvement with the police, and allowing the police to influence the training of businesses, eg security companies
- promoting partnership working and the 2-way exchange of information and intelligence between agencies
If you would wish to hire SGC Security Services Community Safety Scheme Accredited (CSAS) accredited staff within Kent please feel free to call us on 01233226368